Getting Old

|
"Lemme give you a warning...never get old"

I've had a few old people tell me this and well of course we laugh about it 'cuz clearly, it's not my choice. With this kinda spongy heart I've got, I find myself almost crying for old people. It's a weird feeling, I feel they're at some disadvantage, esp. when they're forgetting stuff, unable to hear clearly, can't hold things well, they're hands are shaking, they're finding it hard to get up after trying so hard to sit...

it's a long list of things...

but...

what I've learnt from majority of them is that they all had these young years and now they're old, so they've had their chance. The big question is what am I doing with my chance before I am only able to move at a very slow pace?

I've met so many angry, grumpy old people...it's soo sad. It makes me feel even "more sorry", u're feeble and fragile, yet u're not convinced that at this point, u shud spend ur last days smiling?

The old happy couples, bring so much joy, it simply indescribable. They've lived many years and now they're spending their last days, appreciating all the things they possibly took for granted earlier on in life. To watch them laugh and smile at the simplest jokes or the mildest touch or even the next person's sincere smile is nothing but a blessing.

I don't want to grow up grumpy...yuck!!

8 roses:

kitkat said...

i dnt want to grow up grumpy either. i love old people that are cheerful and full of life, at the same time, i cnt blame those ones that are grumpy. i dnt think i'll be all smiles if i have arthritis, anorexia, almost blind sight, hearing problem, etc.. so i can empathize with the grumpy ones :/

H said...

kit, I feel u, but at that point, there's not much you can do about it. Its hard but u might as well smile in the midst of it and not burden everyone else with your anger.

Plus, there are just those who are for no reason very grumpy...eww...y?

Anonymous said...

i want to grow old ooo...maybe 120?..heheee.

Anonymous said...

Me neither. We're as young as we feel.

H said...

hahaha @ibhade, r u of Methuselahs lineage?

@MOH, this is true, as long as we don't get carried away...sum older ppl (55), like to act like they're in their 20's, even wearing only what shud b seen on a 20 sum'n year old....but I get u drift...:)

ABIGAIL NY said...

I love cheerful old people but I don't want to get old to a point that people do everything for me including give me a bath ... that's when I would feel like I've lived.

http://themessenger-bag.blogspot.com

Seshe James said...

Lol.... Funny.... We all grow up one day and it depends on how we live our life now.. I think some old people turn out grumpy bcuz its too late to live their life to the fullest, they spend their youth doing nothing....

asr hip recall said...

Maybe there are some reasons why some seniors act like that. I don't easily judge them.

Post a Comment